Advice for Children to stay safe online: Use and follow the advice you have been given in school.
- Some social networking sites have a minimum age of 13 years. This is set for a reason!
- Only use adult moderated networking sites – ones that mums and dads can check.
- Tell a parent/adult if someone says anything online that makes you worried or uncomfortable.
- Tell a parent/adult if you receive a message that is scary, threatening or rude. DO NOT respond to the message.
- Do not send anyone your photograph or give out personal details such as where you live, your school.
- Never give your passwords to anyone else.
Enjoy your time on the internet and stay safe. Remember to consider what is a sensible amount of time to spend on devices. Try to combine it with other things, such as reading a book, playing with friends outside, spending time with family or playing sports.
Can you believe what is on the internet? https://dysgu.hwb.gov.wales/playlists/view/7d0b2d0f-9c2f-43aa-93b5-c856fdf09f9d/en#page1
Follow the links to discover how you can keep you and your children safe on-online.
Advice for Parents
The links below are from HWB Online safety zone and provide a lot of important information for parents and carers.
Impact of the internet on mental health.
Tips for grandparents