Blwyddyn 6

Welcome to Year Six 2018-19

Happy New Year and welcome back to school!

I hope everyone has had a fantastic Christmas and that 2019 will be a happy and healthy year for us all! We have lots of exciting activities and opportunities to enjoy over this coming Spring term. In the first half of the term we will be studying the Wonders of the World and then moving our learning out of this World, to look at Earth & Space. It promises to be an interesting and exciting time… “To infinity and beyond!”

*Check out our topic web to see everything we will be covering this term;

Y6 Spring Term 2019 Topic Web-Wonders of the World and Earth & Space

Also please take a peek at Holly’s very own baking blog @ chocaholly.simplesite.com

Home Learning will continue to follow the new format this term;

A menu of SIX tasks will be given to each pupil and they will have a choice which activity they complete over each two week period. By the end of the term they will be expected to have completed all six tasks in full and their work will be shared and celebrated within the classroom each fortnight. There will also be a class tick sheet on the wall so I can keep a track of who has done what and pupils will be able to see what they still have left to complete.

*Click the link below to see the home learning menu of tasks to choose from;

HOME LEARNING MENU Spring Term 2019

Spellings will be given out on a Friday in preparation for the following week’s test.

Please also remember PE is on a Friday so appropriate kit will be required every week please. At the start of the Autumn term we will endeavour to be outside as much as possible when the weather permits, however we will also have use of the hall on Friday afternoons for indoor activities such as gymnastics and dance.

If you have any questions, worries or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to another wonderful term with this fantastic Year Six class.

Mr Webb