Blwyddyn 6

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone has had a fantastic Christmas and that 2020 has started well for everyone.

This is going to be an extremely exciting year for Year Six as they will be finishing 2020 in comprehensive school! But there is plenty more fun and work to enjoy with us first of course!

The forthcoming Spring Term is full of interesting and challenging experiences for everyone to enjoy and our topic will be ‘The Wonders of the World.’ We will be looking at the ancient, modern and natural wonders of the world and the many fascinating and interesting stories behind them. We will also be looking at the many magnificent landmarks and places of beauty that Wales has to offer and I am sure the children will thoroughly enjoy learning about the history and environmental issues that surround these great places.

As always, the focus of our learning will be led by the interests and ideas of the pupils themselves. If you have any resources, experiences or ideas that could help enhance our learning and enjoyment of this great topic, then please send things in as much as possible, as all input will be gratefully received.

*Click the link below to see our Spring Term Topic Web in full;

Y6 Spring Term 2020 Topic Web

Home Learning will continue to follow the menu of choice format this term;

A menu of SIX tasks will be given to each pupil and they will have a choice which activity they complete over each two week period. By the end of the term they will be expected to have completed all six tasks in full and their work will be shared and celebrated within the classroom each fortnight. There will also be a class tick sheet on the wall so I can keep a track of who has done what and pupils will be able to see what they still have left to complete.

Y6 HOME LEARNING MENU Spring Term 2020

Spellings will be given out on a Friday in preparation for the following week’s test.

Please also remember PE is on a Friday so appropriate kit will be required every week please.

If you have any questions, worries or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to another wonderful  term with this fantastic Year Six class.

Mr Webb