Blwyddyn 6

Welcome to Year 6!

Welcome back everyone!

I hope that you and your families are all safe and well, and that after a well deserved Summer holiday, you are all ready for Year 6! I am so excited to welcome you all back to school, in what is going to be a very important and final year for you all in Hendrefoilan Primary School. I know that we are going to learn so many new and interesting things throughout our journey together in Year 6!

The forthcoming Autumn Term is full of interesting and challenging experiences for everyone to enjoy and our topic will be ‘The Making of the Modern World’, where we will be delving into the history of the 20th Century. We will be looking at the many fascinating and interesting events that took place between 1900 and the year 2000, and how these events have impacted our lives. We will also be learning about the many historical figures, inventions and creations, some that you may have even already heard of!

This term is a chance for you to build upon all of the fantastic learning that you learnt in Year 5, as well as continuing to develop your independence and resilience skills, of which I have no doubt that you will all be excited to continue doing!

Autumn Term Topic Web – 20th Century History

Home Learning

As always, the menu of SIX tasks will be given and you will have a choice which activity they complete over each two week period. By the end of the term you will be expected to have completed all six tasks in full and to the best of your ability. 

A change to this year is that I will not be asking for your completed tasks to come back into school. Instead, I would like to see the activities completed and uploaded to Google Classroom or via email.

Your work will still be shared and celebrated within the classroom, as I really do enjoy seeing all of your hard work!

Home Learning Menu – Autumn 2020

Spellings and Times Tables

Spellings and Times Table test will be on Fridays.

Mental arithmetic books cannot be sent home anymore unfortunately given the current circumstances, but children will be set tasks on MyMaths and TT Rockstars to complete on a weekly basis.

P.E. Lessons

P.E. lessons will be on Friday.

You MUST wear your P.E. kit into school on this day.

Given the current circumstances, you will be unable to change into your P.E. kit in school.

Finally, if you have any worries or concerns, please feel free to contact the school office by email or telephone, and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can.

I cannot wait to get started on this journey together!

Diolch yn fawr!

Mr. Rees