Year 6

Welcome to Year Six 2018-19!

I hope everyone has had a brilliant summer holiday. The time has come for Year Six to embark on their final year of primary school! There are so many exciting things to look forward to over the course of the year and I am sure the children will have a host of memorable and enjoyable experiences to look back on before they make their way into the big wide world of comprehensive school!

Our topic for the term is ‘The Romans’ and if there are any resources, books, artefacts or interesting facts at home, please bring them in to share with the rest of the class.

*Check out our topic web to see everything we will be covering this term;

TOPIC WEB- Y6 AUTUMN TERM 2018- ROMANS

Home Learning will take a new format this year;

A menu of SIX tasks will be given to each pupil and they will have a choice which activity they complete over each two week period. By the end of the term they will be expected to have completed all six tasks in full and their work will be shared and celebrated within the classroom each fortnight. There will also be a class tick sheet on the wall so I can keep a track of who has done what and pupils will be able to see what they still have left to complete.

*Click the link below to see the home learning menu of tasks to choose from;

HOME LEARNING MENU

Spellings will be given out on a Friday in preparation for the following week’s test.

Please also remember PE is on a Friday so appropriate kit will be required every week please. At the start of the Autumn term we will endeavour to be outside as much as possible when the weather permits, however we will also have use of the hall on Friday afternoons for indoor activities such as gymnastics and dance.

If you have any questions, worries or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to a wonderful first term with this fantastic Year Six class.

Mr Webb