Blwyddyn 6

Welcome to Year Six 2019-20!

I hope everyone has had a great summer break and that everyone is back and ready for action. I am looking forward to getting to know the new class and I am sure the next year will again prove to be a fun, challenging and happy year for both the pupils and myself. Year Six is always a special year for children as they prepare to make the next steps in their education and move into comprehensive school. It is our aim to provide them with the best possible experiences and the most enjoyable of times, to ensure they are fully prepared for their transition into Year 7. This year will hopefully be one they remember forever- for all the right reasons!

This term we will be studying the changes that occurred throughout the 20th Century and we will be  investigating how today’s modern world has been shaped by the events, people, music, art, technology, fashion, sport, transport of the last 100 years. The scope and possibilities are endless in this topic and the focus of our learning will be led by the interests and ideas of the pupils themselves. If you have any resources, experiences or ideas that could help enhance our learning and enjoyment of this great topic, then please send things in as much as possible, as all input will be gratefully received.

*Click the link below to see our Autumn Term Topic Web in full;

TOPIC WEB- Y6 AUTUMN TERM 2019- 20th Century History

Home Learning will continue to follow the new format this term;

A menu of SIX tasks will be given to each pupil and they will have a choice which activity they complete over each two week period. By the end of the term they will be expected to have completed all six tasks in full and their work will be shared and celebrated within the classroom each fortnight. There will also be a class tick sheet on the wall so I can keep a track of who has done what and pupils will be able to see what they still have left to complete.

*You will soon be able to Click the link below to see the home learning menu of tasks to choose from;

Spellings will be given out on a Friday in preparation for the following week’s test.

Please also remember PE is on a Friday so appropriate kit will be required every week please. At the start of the Autumn term we will endeavour to be outside as much as possible when the weather permits, however we will also have use of the hall on Friday afternoons for indoor activities such as gymnastics and dance.

If you have any questions, worries or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to a wonderful year with this fantastic Year Six class.

Mr Webb